Monday 6 February 2017

Interview by Hamza-ul-Haq

Assigned by Sir Sohail Sangi
Hamza-ul-Haq                                          
Roll Number: MC/2K15/51                           Interview

Bilques Abro
Bilques Abro is a women's right activist from Hyderabad.

Q: How your started activism?
A: From very young age I started resistance whenever I saw It's not fine But as a activist I started my career from 2011.
Q: Tell me about Bilques Abro as a teacher?
A: As a teacher Iam friendly to my students but I show some strictness in some areas as well. My way of teaching is quite different from others because I want them to be successful in their lives.

Q: Did you ever feel fear and hesitate while working for the rights of women?
 A: Yeah when I've newly started working for them.

Q: How women can  live their life freely and with liberty, keeping in view the conservative approach in in society?
A: We are a product of a capitalist society where woman is regarded as commodity. In the scenario How a women can be free so it is explicit to say I also face lots of difficulties and challenges and when you are conscious being, you know the inequality widely prevail around you and when you dare to put questions, raise your voice and critically understands the system. Then you have to face hard lift.

Q: Does your family support you  in activism?
A: Yes, my family supports me but in particular society it is difficult to get into support, Sometimes I have to resist, I believe to stand for right cause. One thing I always do, I never give up my dreams.    
Q: What people should do to bring improvement in the society?
A: In my point of view people should raise their voices against class differences and gender discrimination.
Free society from yolk of slavery, from cultural barrier, from particular psyche. People should work for the equal treatment of male and female. Child upbringing can bring most effective result.

Q: How you will describe the state of women's right in Pakistan?
A: It is obvious that in Pakistan womens are not in freedom and womens are doubly exploited. World Economic forum published Gender Index about worst countries in world in gender inequality according to this Pakistan is 141 number among 142 countries. according to my point of view the circumstances are not in the favor of women but we have to struggle to provide freedom or learn them how to struggle.

Q: You played an active role in all fields of life,  what is the reason behind this?
A: Nothing but the will to assure that the people of my surrounding  should live a prosper live and also plays an important part in the society.

Q: Any incident which you never forget like any person, any case which made you astonished and shocked?
A: A tragic incident which I can never ever forget, when I was twelve years old I saw a couple who got married against the will of their family. The family members of girl registered FIR against the couple when they got arrested, the girl was sexually abused by many police man and boy was tortured with brutality. I can't sketch all the situation in words. That incident hit me badly and I was stunned that how people can treat like this.

Q: What do you think what is the issue, why these problem are in the society?
A: Firstly I have to tell you that people with these mind set don't know what's the humanity. they are far from the concept humanity. We have to educate them and also we have to awake those people who are in deep sleep which is deepest than ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment